Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"One Million Giraffes" Project

After my mom saw my driftwood giraffe (by the way, she says it looks better in real life than in the photos, which I consider a nice compliment), she noticed an article in the newspaper about a young man (I assume) who is trying to collect images of 1 million hand drawn or hand made giraffes (not computer generated), and forwarded me the link: http://olahelland.net/giraffes/.

one million giraffes project
So last night, I submitted my giraffe photo, and the email confirmation says it was added as giraffe #244,748. So only 755,252 more giraffes to go, and mine will be "one in a million". See my giraffe HERE.

I am encouraging my kids to draw and submit giraffes, and encourage each of my blog visitors to do so, also (and if you dare, please leave a link to your giraffe in my comments section). The process is very quick and painless (except that it asks for your age, and then displays it on your giraffe page!) - just click the green "Please send in your own giraffe" box. There is no limit on how many giraffes you can submit, in case you get carried away drawing or creating.

You can also follow the blog about the one million giraffes project, and even guess the successful date of reaching 1 million, to win a stuffed giraffe.

Lots of fun for the whole family, on a rainy day (like today!). Go ahead, be part of history!

3 comments:

Joyful said...

I love giraffes but I'm afraid I cannot draw :-( Sorry. Nice idea you have though!

Garden Lily said...

Joyful - It didn't stop lots of other folks from submitting... Make a giraffe shape out of macaroni, or chopsticks, or... I'm sure you'll find some spark of creativity. :-)

Joyful said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll be travelling but perhaps when I return :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin